In the context of this article, the word “trauma” encompasses a large number of conditions, causes, conditions and circumstances. In particular, we are talking about:
- Sports, work, car accident, old or recent
- Scars and adhesions disturbing the function of organs or limbs
- Fall on the stairs, in the bath, on the sidewalk,
- Dislocation, sprain, tear, elongation
- Toxic shock, drug overdose,
- Overexposure to chemical or environmental components
- Emotional trauma that leads to a functional imbalance…
- Fracture, crack, surgeries, implant of a prosthesis, etc., etc.
All these conditions modify the functioning of the body, either biomechanically, biochemically, hormonally, etc. Not to mention the consequences sometimes entailed on an emotional and psychological level.
In the daily life of the osteopath’s office , this is one of the areas with the highest number of consultations.
It does not matter if you remember this or that trauma, the osteopath will know that an event has come to disrupt the functioning of an organ, a tissue, a part of the body. How? By osteopathic test. The repercussions of the injury will result in the hands of the osteopath by a lack of mobility, motility, vitality, etc. The quality, the texture, the way of expressing the fabrics will be different from if they were healthy and normal.
Therefore, the role of the osteopath is to stimulate the mobility and vitality of the affected area. The practitioner has techniques to reduce the adhesions of an old scar, whether it comes from surgery affecting the chest or abdomen, limb or head, or other recent or old abuse.
Abdominal tension due to a caesarean section sometimes 10 or 15 years old, for example, is often significantly reduced by osteopathic work. The same applies to facial paralysis due to a car accident or other trauma. So on, the osteopath has
- methods to restore the harmony of functioning of tendons, fascias, muscles, bones, nerves and arteries around fractures, lesions, strains, old or new, severe or bearable.
- processes to reduce an inflammatory state in the different structures of the body.
- means to eliminate an energy dam,
- techniques to unblock a joint,
- skills to help the patient get rid of physical blockages that are the source of emotional trauma. And vice versa of a psychological node whose origin is an attack on the body.
- ways to activate circulation around a poorly irrigated joint capsule,
- ways to energize a slowed or engorged organ,
Thus the negative incidence of most traumatic events can be greatly reduced, or even erased, thanks to good osteopathic work.
Limit of compensation capacity
Accidents, shocks and traumas of life leave traces and various restrictions in the body, . On the other hand, the human body has great possibilities of compensation. When an injury causes an obstacle to appear on a structure or organ, the body finds another solution to get functioning. It adapts.
Everyone’s life is different. Some bodies suffered more impacts, blows and insults than others. In any case, there is a phenomenon of addition. The obstacles add to each other with the passing years. And sometimes it happens that at a certain point the body can no longer compensate for all the blockages. And then the symptoms, discomforts and discomforts appear.
At this stage there is urgency. The body has been asking for help for a long time. A preventive attitude would be to consult well before this degree. Whenever the body absorbs a shock of a certain importance. Even if we get up without too much pain. The osteopath will clean the footprints of the accident. Communicate Parent Osteopath or make an appointment online